This is going to be a high level post on the steps and components requred to setup Cordova on OSX and build an iOS app.
- Install XCode through the App Store
- Install brew from the terminal command line (this is the utility that helps us deploy other components)
1ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
- Install npm using brew, then check they are installed
123brew install npmnpm -vnode -v
- Ensure the latest required version of java is installed
1brew cask install java
- Install ant
1brew install ant
- Install and setup cocoapods
12brew install cocoapodspod -setup
- Ensure XCode command line utilities are configured correctly – firstly install them
1sudo xcode-select --switch /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools
- Install the npm package ios-deploy
1npm install ios-deploy
- Check all cordova requirements are met for building your app (I will be doing future posts for creating and deploying apps using cordova on both OSX, Ubuntu and Windows)
Hope this helps, please share or comment if you found it useful!